2013 Picnic and Hunt
Saturday, June 22nd, 10:00am at Rooster Rock State Park - Flyer - Application
Next Meeting: May 28th
Our next meeting is at Chinese village on 82nd & SE Stark in Portland. I HAVE CONFIRMED WITH THE MANAGER. She is providing us with the larger room.
Doors open at 6:00 - Meeting starts at 7:00
Next Club Hunt: The June Club Hunt is Saturday June 1. We will be meeting at McDonald's at 710 NE 98th Circle in Vancouver. We will meet at McDonald's beginning at 8 a.m. We will depart for the hunt at 9 a.m., and count out at 1 p.m. Be sure to pack water.
OTTS is on Facebook! Check us out and start posting finds and stories!
We have had a lot of requests for information regarding State Parks and metal detecting. Here are some links to Oregon State Parks and Washington State Parks with information regarding metal detecting within those State Parks.
The Oregon Treasure Trails Society was formed in 1982 when 5 avid hobbyists put $5 each into the kitty and started the club in an effort to provide an organization that would unite people together with the same interests in metal detecting and searching for coins, tokens and other small/interesting treasures of the past. Today, we continue to provide a wonderful environment for those interested in the great hobby. Our club provides an opportunity to get together with others and enjoy spending time at outings and sharing experiences. Everyone is welcome to attend one of our meetings. See below for meeting information.
The Oregon Treasure Trails Society is dedicated to:
- Uniting individuals who share a common interest in the sport and pastime of using metal detectors to search for coins, jewelry and relics from the past.
- Educating ourselves in the art of collecting and preserving our heritage, and expanding our knowledge of this country's history through research.
- Perpetuating, through mutual agreement with State and Local Historical Societies, the preservation of antiquities for future generations.
- Broadening our acquaintances with others who share our hobby, and welcoming all who join us, in friendship at our monthly meetings and other activities.
Join us and Experience:
- A Great Organization of Metal Detecting Hobbyists
- Regular Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Club Outings
- An Informative and Timely Newsletter
- Guest Speakers for Education and Entertainment
- Find-of-the-Month Competition
- Fund Raiser "Raffle" Drawings
- And all the benefits of making friends, learning new techniques and "how to" tips and gaining insight on where to hunt
Annual Club Membership Dues:
|Individual||18 years of age or older||$30.00|
|Couples||Family of two (2)||$50.00|
|Individual Junior||17 years of age or younger||$20.00|
- President: Pat Williams email@example.com cell. 503-753-0117
- Vice President: Abel Villasenor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Connie Villasenor email@example.com
- Treasurer: Larry Williams
- Past Pres Matthew Fritsch firstname.lastname@example.org